Ok, so I normally don’t post wish lists on here for myself, but I thought this year I would, juuuust in case someone (hint hint Mom and Dad) were looking on here to see if I was giving out hints for this Christmas. I posted a traveler’s wish list a few weeks ago, and had so much fun compiling everything that I thought, why not make one for myself? Ok, so here goes:
1. I’ve always wanted a Longchamp Le Pliage bag, specifically in Praline. I think it would be such a classic bag to carry around, especially while traveling. It seems like the kind of bag you could just throw a bunch of stuff in and still look put-together.
2. How fun is this scratch map from Urban Outfitters? You simply scratch off (like a lottery ticket) the places on the map where you’ve been. This summer I bought Gabriel a map of the world to create a push-pin version of this, but clearly this scratch map is so much more fun!
3. Matryoshka Measuring Cups. I don’t know what it is, but I’m completely smitten with these Russian nesting dolls. Ever since I saw the beautiful shop near the Nieuwe Kerk in Amsterdam, filled to the brim with Matryoshkas, I’ve always wanted a set. But what would I do with them? These measuring cups are practical and cute.
4. A neutral scarf that I can wrap and wrap and wrap… In Amsterdam, huge knitted scarves were really popular when I lived there. I loved the look of a thick scarf, a fitted leather jacket, jeans, and tall leather boots. I’m definitely a scarf girl, and love wearing them at all times in the cold Canadian winter. This scarf from Anthropologie is vintage-looking (would go great with my Willow & Rose hair accessories) and soft and cozy.
5. I love photography, and Naomi from the Rockstar Diaries completely made me fall in love with this Fujifilm Instax mini camera. It produces mini polaroid-ish pictures that are super fun and have a vintage look to them. I realize that this isn’t the best camera for at night, nor will it give great quality shots, but I think it would be so fun at a party or family gathering.
6. In addition to my love of cozy scarves, I’m a sucker for cableknit sweaters. I guess it has something to do with the bone-chilling winters here in Canada, but there is nothing like a creamy white cableknit sweater to make me happy! This one from The Gap is simple, and would look great with that Anthropologie scarf pictured above…
7. Usually I display my jewelry on top of an antique silver tiered cake plate, but I find that it gets tangled most of the time. This faux silver branch would look great on my bathroom vanity, allowing my necklaces and bracelets to be displayed without knotting together. Plus it’s really cute and I’m loving anything that has to do with branches lately (especially birch branches…)
Branch jewelry holder from Urban Outfitters
So that concludes my Christmas wish list. I honestly picked out so many other things that related solely to interior design, that I had to take a step back and think, “Ok, I don’t even have my own house yet….maybe I should wait until I do, since most of this stuff will be out of style by the time I have my own place!” I couldn’t help it though. Decorating Gabriel’s condo this year made me so obsessed with interior design…
I should add though, that all I really want for Christmas is to have a wonderful holiday with my family. I’m so excited to spend the holidays with my little niece and nephew, Kendra and Maxx, and see their reactions to the Christmas season. This will be Kendra’s third Christmas, and as an almost-3-year-old, I’m looking forward to baking gingerbread cookies with her (gluten-free of course!), telling her Santa stories, and giving her tons of presents. Maxx is now 1.5 years old, and will be completely adorable this Christmas I’m sure. Last year he was such a tiny baby, he didn’t really know what was going on…but this year, he’ll be fully aware and enjoying it all!
Ps. Happy Hanukkah to those of you celebrating! Gabriel is enjoying the holiday with his family, eating latkes and playing with the dreidel! Yay for the hoildays!